Meet Cristi Creegan
Mother of two daughters, avid literature reader, attorney, and novice birdwatcher, I have lived in South Lake Tahoe since 1997. I grew up in Palo Alto before it was Silicon Valley; we identified with Stanford professors and the Grateful Dead much more than with tech entrepreneurs. I moved to this community after graduating from Lewis & Clark Law School in Portland, Oregon with an environmental law specialty, to work for the Sierra Nevada Alliance.
And I fell in love. With Tahoe, obviously, but also with my husband, Bernard. So I stayed.
I’m proud to say that since then, I’ve invested a lot in this community.
- Live Violence Free Board President for three years (formerly the South Lake Tahoe Women’s Center);
- Tahoe Heritage Foundation Board Vice President;
- Lake Tahoe Environmental Magnet School School Site Council Member;
- South Tahoe Middle School PTA Treasurer, Parent Volunteer Coordinator and School Site Council Member;
- Tahoe Valley Elementary PTO Board Leader;
- Tahoe Parents Nursery School Board Member ;
- Tahoe Tomorrow (way back in 2003);
- Community-focused Small Business Owner/Manager;
- LTUSD Substitute Teacher.